Land (Whenua) is the foundation of Wakatū and is where 70% of our assets are held. As one of the largest private land owners in the top of the South Island (Te Tau Ihu), we manage a diverse portfolio from vineyards, orchards and grazing land to residential properties, large retail developments and office buildings.
Our purpose is to preserve and enhance our taonga for the benefit of current and future generations. We will achieve this through the sustainable use and development of our land and resources and by creating a community that our people are proud of.
Our whenua division will:
- Protect and enhance the whenua held by Wakatū
- Generate a strong financial return and increase the capital value of the owners assets
Residential & Commercial Subdivisions
Wakatū has developed a range of ‘sought after’ subdivisions, each selling successfully. A considered approach to development has resulted in designs to the highest environmental standards and covenants that promote the creation of communities.
Wakatū has a long term investment focus and quality assets, therefore attracting leading businesses and large national retail chains such as Harvey Norman and Mitre 10. We provide a range of property solutions:
- Acquiring tenants, assembling sites (either from existing dilapidated properties or purchase)
- Feasibility, design, tendering and construction phases
- Hand over to tenant for leasing
We value our relationships with agents, land owners, developers and tenants. Our excellent market knowledge, management and a customer service focus complements our physical property offering.
A significant focus of the Whenua division is the range of activity and administration associated with leasing.
- Commercial property portfolio
- Wakatū Resources Ltd
- Sundry rentals
- Perpetual leasehold land
If you are interested in leasing land owned by Wakatū or contemplating the purchase of leasehold property, please contact us.
- We provide management services to external parties
- We provide specialist property advice to our Food and Beverage division, Kono NZ LP.