2018 Tertiary Education Scholarship
Opening date for sending applications is 14 August 2017
Closing date for receiving applications is 31 October 2017
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must attach a record of academic and other achievements to date.
- You must attach a letter outlining your community involvement, particularly if they show connections to Wakatū and the top of the South, your educational & life aspirations and how you might contribute in the future.
- You must provide regular end of semester reports on progress and achievements of stated goals.
- You must present to our shareholders at one Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting at some stage during your scholarship (preferably in the first year). This is to provide information on the general progress and the benefits of the scheme so our shareholders can understand the value.
- You must complete a project identifying how you descend from an original owner of Wakatū Incorporation.
- Wakatū Incorporation is sponsoring the course and papers you outline on your application form. Any changes you decide to make during your scholarship must be declared to Wakatū Incorporation. Wakatū Incorporation reserves the right to reassess any scholarship granted.
- If at any stage during the scholarship you receive another scholarship/award, you must declare this to Wakatū Incorporation. Wakatū Incorporation reserves the right to reassess any scholarship granted.
- If your application is successful and at any time during your scholarship your income changes to benefit you, this must be declared to Wakatū Incorporation. Wakatū Incorporation reserves the right to reassess any scholarship granted.
- Study may take place in New Zealand or overseas, but must be through recognised tertiary providers.
- Applicants must be shareholders, or descendants of shareholders, or members of a whānau trust holding Wakatū shares.